Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Sausage Pasta

SAUSAGE PASTA

1 pkg. pasta (I grew up on fettuccine noodles- my kids like rotini)
Olive Oil
1 onion
1 Pkg Jimmy Dean Regular bulk sausage
1 can Tomato paste (6 oz)
1 cup beef stock (I use ‘Better Than Bouillon’)
salt and pepper
1 cup light cream (You can use heavy cream, or mix heavy cream with milk. My grocery store sells light cream but some don’t)
Heat oil in pan.  Add chopped onion.  Cook over low heat until onion is soft. (more often than not I skip the onion). Add sausage meat and fry until done. Drain fat (optional).  Add tomato paste and 1 cup of beef stock.  Add salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat for 10 mins. Add cream. Stir. Try not to drink entire pot of sauce.
Cook pasta according to directions and drain.  Return to pan and combine with sauce.
Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. (optional)
Makes for great leftovers so I usually double recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

a really amazing person thinks...